White Bucket Brigade Busted !!!!! ????

jgarner447

They are not taking to many lures up that way at the moment, might be the abundance of live bait natural and online. I was there the other day using shrimp and catching bass and was casting lures the whole time I was there for zilch. Both the pine rivers are a bit slow on lures at the moment also, but they will settle down and come good.

Yeah mate ive had quite a few days lately where I havent hooked any :( I dont like to use bait coz I like a challenge with lures...i hope it comes good again soon...even to catch one bass in a day makes it all worth while to me but to catch nothing is a lil disappointing.... I bought some smak spinnerbaits the other day coz everyone raves about them but ive never caught anything on spinners, is there a trick to using them? What weights should I use for best result?

Weights mainly depend on what depths you are fishing, the size of the fish you are targeting, how far you want to cast them etc etc. For shallow creeks and small bass up to say 40cm you only need 1/8 to 1/4 oz. If you were at the edge of a dam and you knew there was some good big bass in there you could use 1/2 5/8 or even 3/4 oz. Hope this helps a little.

Archived