For Sale 14ft boat and trailer, $150

woody1

I am selling my old 14ft Fibreglass boat and trailer. This was my first boat, I bought it on impulse when i was 18 and drunk, and had plenty of fun in the bay and around SEQ with a 40hp mariner on the back. This boat has seen plenty of mackerel flipping around on the floor and has some good stories to tell. It was a great fishing rig with plenty of open deck space. Eventually the floor started going soft, so I started pulling the deck up planing to fix her up, I ended up getting impatient and buying a tinny last year. Since then it has been sitting in my parents front yard collecting leaves, and it is time for it to go.

The trailer is a home build which we cleaned all the rust off, replaced the winch, hubs and bearings, tyres and rollers about 3 years ago. The whole trailer got a few coats of Killrust in gray hammertone, and is only now starting to show some surface rust again. It is missing one mud guard, but apart from that it does the job. It has a 3 speed winch and strap which is probably worth more than the whole kit. I had a look today and bearings seem to be spinning fine.

You will need to finish pulling up the deck and fit a new one, while you are at it it would probably be a good idea to do the transom. Boat comes with nav lights, anchor light, switch, compass and cable steering all set up. I will also throw in some boat seats, pedestal, anchor, crab pots and a few other things left over at my parents house if you want them.

This is definitely a project and not ready to hit the water, but if you dont mind a bit of hard work, you should be able to get her going again. I will also be selling the outboard I had on it a bit further down the track, just need to get it started again and see how it runs as it was in pretty good nick when I pulled it off.

I am asking $150, pickup is from Albany Creek. You can contact me here or on 0409 611 895.

Simon

post-1348-144598778286_thumb.jpg

post-1348-144598778302_thumb.jpg

post-1348-144598778311_thumb.jpg

post-1348-144598778329_thumb.jpg

Archived