gas tech needed help

faulked

hi cookie its a ba ute factory gas egas i think its called it has been running fine a little rough on idle but ok then sat morning i went to start it started ran very rough for 20 seconds coughed went bang and died now it will eventually start for a moment then imediately die it reminds me of when my old landrover killed the balast resistor but this has me beat even my racq threw his hands up it looks like it mighrt be off to byrne ford today :(

If you can check/ do these 1st before you hand in to Fraud.(Don't worry i own 1 too) :angry: . Check air filter, replace if required. Clean throttle body with carby cleaner, DO NOT SPRAY INTO THROTTLE BODY, spray on rag n wipe off (open TB wide open and clean, wipe inside). Check spark plugs, replace if required (get gas type plugs).

If that doesn't work. Their is a plunger in the gas lock soleniod. that could be very dirty/ sticky, due to the liquid gas. I suggest you should get a gas tech to clean that out,and might need a gas tune-up. You can do it, but i highly recommened you shouldn't play around with the gas system.

And if that doesn't work, you might need a new gas convertor.

Archived