Mud island....wobbygong....vomit

The Mad Hughesy

Hey all,

was awesome conitions in the bay today, i took my brother out with the hope of good snapper.

this wasnt the case but we did catch a fair bit. i got a 58cm flatty, 26cm fl bream, a few tiny snaps, moses pearch, a heap of pike and a carpet shark. my brother got a few smaller reef lookin fish, snaps and thats about it.

i threw a whole live pike on which was smashed within minutes, only to drop whatever it was 5 mins into the fight. so i jig up another pike and whack him on. 20mins later the rod buckles over so i dump the plastic rod i was retriving, and a short fight later comes up this wobbygong! was a first for me. while he was onboard and iwas getting the hooks out it starts making these horrible noises, and as i pick him up for a quick pic he vomits everywhere!!! out comes my pike, some sort of fish head, a flesh bait with 2 hooks attached, and a 3gang hook with wire trace. for those who havent been lucky enough to exp fish vomit it is one of the wrst smells you can imagine!!!!! :sick:

also saw a fe longies jumping around the place...but was never close enough to cast at them :angry:

post-3924-144598795242_thumb.jpg

post-3924-144598795252_thumb.jpg

post-3924-144598795258_thumb.jpg

post-3924-144598795265_thumb.jpg

post-3924-144598795271_thumb.jpg

Archived