2kg of prawns last night and another 2 kg tonight!!

tradie

The other night after testing out my new fish finder I tied my boat up at the ramp and thought why not throw my cast net around to see if the prawns were around. Cast after cast in they came so thought why not hang around and catch a feed. Was only casting for around 30-40min and brought in 600grams. So headed down last night while I was waiting for the Mrs to finish work. She met me down at the boat ramp and then began to help my pick the prawns out of my net, I was pretty impressed, caught another 1.6kg last night so those two nights together just over 2kg and sent them home with the gf for her mother to work her magic on them and make a cracking pasta sauce.

Tonight thought well why not get myself a feed as well. Headed down at the top of the tide where I have found this to be the best time, until it begins to run again. Again tonight about 2 hours of casting and produced just over 2kg of prawns. Bit of action happening down there tonight with a nice sized buck caught on a fishing line a few big flatties and even a nice cod.

I just cast with my 10ft net I bought from BCF about 2 years ago im getting my moneys worth out of this one!! My net also has a top pocket I think you would be lost with out this top pocket for the prawns makes it so easy to get them out. For the 2 kg ive caught whats your thoughts on the best way to cook them??

Thanks again for reading

post-5874-144598797321_thumb.jpg

post-5874-144598797329_thumb.jpg

post-5874-144598797334_thumb.jpg

post-5874-144598797339_thumb.jpg

post-5874-144598797344_thumb.jpg

post-5874-14459879735_thumb.jpg

nice catch were you gettin them?????

Hey mate at colmslie boat ramp usually its shoulder to shoulder there but not lately, maybe now it will be :D Not a worry tho im off to Hong Kong and Phuket for 3 weeks as of friday, hope there is some left when I return......

Good to hear. They've been a bit scarce at Colmslie for the last couple of years. Might have to teach the castnet how to work again. :blush:

Hey Ellicat I seem to find them each year in ok numbers, I seem to do much better around the pine river, as for teaching yourself how to work the cast net youtube is your friend

For the 2 kg ive caught whats your thoughts on the best way to cook them??

Now if you had asked the best way to eat them I would be happy to come and show you. :sick:

Not bad for so late in the season.

Cheers

Ray

Hey Ray, Im not sure on the best way to cook them as I cant eat them im allergic to prawns and crab. I find it pretty relaxing heading down for a couple of hours to cast my net take the view in and have a few beers and share my feed with friends and family.

• 2 weeks later...
You done pretty good, nice to see there are a few prawns still around.

Chewbacoo

Yea wasn't to bad for a couple of hours I had my best luck on the top of the tide once it started to run again they seem to disappear, but was enough time to get a solid 2 kg.

Archived