Beach going

Fisherjoe

Just after any tips for beach fishing around Brissy.

Best places and times of year to go after them, how to find a beach where fishing is permitted

where to look etc.

I don't particularly want to be standing shoulder to shoulder when the tailor come on, more after places to go that can be done most of the year.

Me and my mates are getting sick of chasing bream in swampy areas and getting snagged off, want to try something different for a while.

Hey hey, im looking basically for the same thing around brisbane.

My experience so far is you could try the beach on Bribie Island but you might want a 4wd to make life easier. Also Double Island Point up past Noosa North shore is well worth a look in and you defiantly need a 4wd to get there. Will be heading to Double Island end of this month for a few days of Tailor chasing and camping with my old man hopefully.

Best of luck and let me know how it goes

plenty of beach/rocks options on the sunny coast from Caloundra to Noosa and on the southside from the Gold Coast down past the tweed.Google maps/earth and/or nearmaps are good starting points.

All are in reasonable driving distance for a day out fishing and or exploring

Bribie is your best bet around here, plenty of dart (often small) whiting bream, some tailor and occasional tuna off the beach. my no1 beach fishing spot is Inskip Point, probably too far for a day trip but nice spot for an overnighter or weekend. Tailor, mackerel, big Trevs, and all the usual species. Dont really need a 4x4... but it helps.

Just look for structure, anything out of the ordinary, like waves breaking out back then washing in and breaking again toward the shore. cast into the white water between toe 2 breaks. If you find gutters close in, dont be afraid to cast close to shore for whiting.

Archived