Discovery Fishing Charters 2/6/12 (pic fixed)

monty_36

Went out with discovery fishing charters yesterday. The weather was horrible and the water was really rough. The fishing was pretty tough aswell, after about three hours of a five hour trip all that was caught were small soapies and little slimy mackeral.

I decide to send out a live slimy mackeral. After having my bait out for about ten minutes my reel went off and I hooked up with something big. After about a ten minute fight I pull in a 10kg mack tuna.

My first ever tuna and probably the biggest fish I've ever caught.

End up eating that tuna? they fight pretty hard, possibly the hardest in their size.

I went with discovery once and wasnt a pleasant experience, big enough boat etc but not that flash of a skipper. had no gps marks because the gps wiped itself? so we ened up trolling for half the day and i think they only legal fish caught were small trevally.

Were you catching soapies or trag jew?

Hi lethalsaints, in my limited experiences: outhterecharters from gold coast was a complete waste of time last time we went. Got the voucher as a gift and as such, it was a nice gesture, but this company should really actually be called "F-All fishing"... The skipper and crew had no idea, and the advertised breakfast consisted on a sausage on bread. On a brighter note, found Probe charter to be not to bad, but need to be on smaller group sizes as the boat is not that large on deck, but the guys running the charters were great. The all time winner for me at the moment is fishthedeep charters, we have gone for the last four years with these guys as a work/office social event, 5th year this year booked for late July. The boat is owned by the skipper, and he keeps it well organized. Just the little things also, but they always run through and get as many as possible on bait rigs to make sure there is plenty of live bait, and you always eat on run to avoid wasting good fishing time. I can honestly say, that I have never gone home without a few feeds from the charter and not one event has been exactly the same. They change up the route and targets, with sometimes little more time closer in to land and other trips more time out deep! But good blokes and wouldn't hesitate to recommend them in a second. Have fun and make sure you report in on your experience of who you go with!

+1 for fish the deep...always get a good feed when i have been out on there charters...normally do a full day with them fish the 50's..u fish there till lunch then back to the 36's for floatliing snapps...have done 1 halfday charter with them and went to the 42's first for big trag around the 65-80cm mark bagging the boat in 40 minutes then back to snapps on the 36's we got a good haul of snapps as well...the other good boat down there is seaprobe..they fish 50's as well...

Archived