netmaker

new member here. my name is dave anderson, 44, self employed tax agent. married for 22 years and have 2 daughters. i deckied on prawn trawlers everywhere from moreton bay to the top end of princess charlotte bay in my late teens and early twenties, got married and took up the tax return business. i now find myself living the dream with 4 months of long hours and 8 months of fishing per year! i make my own cast nets and chase banana prawns february to may, do a bit of crabbing on the side with some squidding thrown in but mainly chase bay snapper. will try to attach some pics of my last years snaps and a few shots of my rig.

cheers

davo

post-11227-144598833909_thumb.jpg

Welcome to the site Dave. I 'lurk' on Ausfish and saw your post about your snapper at Peel a month or two ago - great fish. In my opinion you'll find the crew here to be very friendly and there is generally far less antagonistic posts a the mods do a great job of stamping on it pretty quickly. So good to have you onboard.

Welcome mate!

if you want your pics to come up as pics (not thumbnails) there is a little insert button that pops up next to the add file button down the bottom.

Nice snapper too!

p.s - we'll have to get you some afo stickers to put over those ausfish ones :P

thanks for the warm welcome fellas. i intend to hang around a lot ;) . wont say i'll forsake all others tho as i have made a lot of good mates on ausfish. hope to do the same here. if you see me out there come and say gidday. unfortunately i am short-sighted and dont generally approach boats for fear of upsetting blokes. i also crank my music pretty loud. i have discovered that snapper are attracted to acdc on clear days and a bit of floyd on cloudy days ;):lol:

you would be very welcome callum. note that i will claim all, but no more, than the law allows. if it is not claimable i will have the printed material on hand to show you why it is not. no dodgy tax service here. to ring for a booking: 38225461. i work normal hours but tuesday, wednesday and thursday till 7.30pm and saturday mornings as early as you like. earliest saturday i did last year was 5.30am!

Archived