taylor galore 17/8/12 eustuary yak

staunch_1

hey guys and gals

just alittle fishing report.headed down to brissy thursday do get a early friday sesh yak in.high tide was around the 8:30 mark in the morn so i deployed the yak around 6 in an eustaury i used to fish in when i was younger.always supplied large bream then so i was pretty sure i would have a good morning just fishing the 2 hour incoming tide.i've only ever been able to fish the bank but since getting a yak there is no stopping me haha.

paddled up stream about 500m and was only in depths of 2metres so pretty shallow still.i had 2 rods out for bait 1 running 10lb braid with a 20lb mono leader and the other was spooled with 15lb mono and 20lb leader also just incase there was anything large out there and another for soft plastics which was spooled with 8lb braid.i was just drift fishing using mullet on the bait rods and tried flicking afew soft plastics but with no luck still need alittle more practise.tried 4" nucklear chickens and 3" minnows.i was throwing the plastics as close as i could get to the mangroves letting it sink to the bottom then flicking the rod up 2 or 3 time then waiting around the 10sec mark and repeat.no luck but i'm still going to try plastics untill i land a fish haha.alot of potty mullet jumping all over the place as well.

as for the bait rods within 5 mins i was getting smashed.after a few mins of a great fight to my suprise it was a tailor.i havent caught to many tailor before but damn there fun on the 10lb braid prob still alittle over kill but it done the job well.all up over the 2hrs fishing the incomeing tide i landed around 15 taylor and around 5 bream.all caught and realeased as if i brought back more fish the mrs would kill me as the freezer is pretty full already with a few fish haha.

all in all in was a great mornings fish.like i said before i havent really caught many tailor before so i smashed my PB i couldnt get an excact measurment as i diddnt think the brag mat would be needed so only took the ruler.i would say its around the 50cm mark but correct me if it looks alittle shorter.

here are afew pics of the morning.enjoy

post-10523-144598842179_thumb.jpg

post-10523-144598842193_thumb.jpg

post-10523-144598842203_thumb.jpg

cheers for the nice comments guys.

i was suprised myself when it come up next to the kayak.thought it was a solid bream but still put a big :) on my face.how much longer will the taylor be in the eustuarys for.

as i said in my report there was a fair bit of surface action happening with what i could tell was potty mullet getting smashed by something solid.was thinking of giving poppers a crack.what poppers should i be looking to use.any info from you guys that have fished poppers in eustuarys would be much appreciated.

cheers for the nice comments guys.

i was suprised myself when it come up next to the kayak.thought it was a solid bream but still put a big :) on my face.how much longer will the taylor be in the eustuarys for.

as i said in my report there was a fair bit of surface action happening with what i could tell was potty mullet getting smashed by something solid.was thinking of giving poppers a crack.what poppers should i be looking to use.any info from you guys that have fished poppers in eustuarys would be much appreciated.

most likely tailor feedin on the surface when they are in the mood like that they will they pretty much any lure you throw into them- I'd to be throwing luckycraft sammy 65' or g splashes at them just beef up your leader around the 20lb coz they will bite you off

Archived