introduction

proline420

Hi all,

Moved up to Brisbane 4 years ago from Melbourne. But dont hold that against me. I am the project manager for Toxfree waste solutions in Pinkenba. I work far too many hours a week thus leaving me little time for fishing.

When i actually do get to go i have a Stacer proline 4.2 with a 30 Yamaha that gets me to when i want to go. Mostly not the right place to go but hey still relaxing.

I live in Narangba valley and mostly fish either Caboolture river or the Pumicestone passage between the bridge and White patch. Hoping to meet up with some other fisher folk.

Been married for 20 years and have two kids 16 and 19. Generally fish with my 19 year old son. Will often just drive over to Bribie on a Friday or Saturday night with the family and have a fish off the bank in the warmer months.

Still enjoy camping with the wife and kids when we get the opportunities. Looking forward to the next which will be Moreton island.

i wont go on too much.

look forward to chatting and meeting up with folks

Cheers

Ken

Hi Matt,

Thanks for the welcome.

The passage we normally do well after a few days after a good rain when the water has still got some discoloration to it. We generally fish a hole just north of the entrance to Pacific harbour. At high tide it drops from 6 meters to 11 meters. The hole is only big enough for two boats, 3 at a squeeze.

Been meaning to fish there at night but will only do so if i know others in boats in the area as well, Safety in numbers. At the moment we don't know anyone else up here with boats so it keeps the night fishing to just after dusk.

Caboolture river we have caught a few small jews but nothing to write home about. When the tailer are in we have had a ball throwing slugs around right at the mouth of the river. The only thing with the Uhlmann rd ramp now is, I will only launch there if the misses takes the car and trailer home then comes back for me when we want to head in. Last time we were there i got back in to find my trailer off the ball on the ground. Lucky the would be thieves didn't have bolt cutters to get through the padlock on the chains. We have noticed the boys in blue patrolling the ramp more often now which is good.

Cheers

Ken

Sadly mate i like many others spent the equivalent of a small countries entire budget on lures and soft plastics in hope of catching fish. Other than the tailor the only other fish i have caught on a soft plastic is a Toadie.

Gave the lures and plastics away to a guy at work with far more patience than i and went back to relaxing with bait.

Ken

Archived