Few Land based trips

Shane69

Done a couple land based sessions as my boat out of action. (Hydrolic problems, Hopefully get it sorted this week)

Went out Landbased thursday night. Heaps of chopper tailor until my brother hooked on to a good Jew. Went 12.6kg, It went pretty hard on 20lb braid 20lb leader. Its his PB too. My brother and his mate pretty stroked with it as it is the biggest fish they ever caught.

With the weather heating up decided to give the jacks a go last night. Headed to one my regular spots. I am trying to presist on getting jacks this year on lures and plastics rather than bait. I know i can catch them on bait but i really want a 60cm on a lure.

No jacks yesterday but got a few flatties, mutt bream and a little trevelly.

There was few times i kicked myself for not taking cast net but oh well.

Decided to change spots and see if jewies were playing game. Got a few soapy jewies for our efforts.

Cant wait to get my boat fixed. I want to give the longies around amity another go. Some of them were 25kg fish. Most people out Saturday last week would have seen them harrass the Gar. I was spewing i didnt take cast net lol. Massive schools of gar and they were staying up on surface. 1 good cast would have being in bucket full of prime bait.

We ended up with few squire from harries in morning, few squid and couple tuna. Pretty slow day. The tuna was frustrating but i was glad atleast we landed a few. MY mate also foul hooked a Mantra ray.

post-9281-144598859747_thumb.jpg

post-9281-14459885976_thumb.jpg

post-9281-14459885977_thumb.jpg

post-9281-14459885978_thumb.jpg

post-9281-144598859786_thumb.png

post-9281-144598859818_thumb.png

Shane

Someone just couldn't catch 1 squid when they were just sitting next the boat. lol

They are the best eating size! So sweat and will melt in your mouth.

Haha dont worry once i learn how to use the jigs properly, wel see than. but i gotta say its frustrating and espically you guys and moe clean up on them.

The jew had tailor and gar inside him. Im pretty sure i sent you photo of it.

Bring on the jacks and mackerel now.

Than wel see who gets frustrated :P

Hehehe I agree that jew has been pigging out, it is a fatty and certainly a good weight for its length. Those gar are nice better tailor baits in the surf if you get aother chance at them with a net.

We thought it was bigger, until we got it home. It took my bro around 30 minutes to bring it in. It took big runs, saw the backing on the reel few times too.

The gar were perfect size too. Great Spanish mackerel bait too under a balloon. Hopefully they out next time i go out.

Shane

• 1 month later...

Archived