Bay Bream and Snapper

dan25

Gday guys

Runty and I made a last minute decision a couple nights ago, for us to hit the bay and chase bream on the reefs. Picked him and his boat up around 4am, and a short drive later we were on the water.

Gunned it straight to our first spot, and before we had put the leccy down, I had already fired a cast out, and wasn't watching my line until it slackened off and something had grabbed it off the bottom, nek minut, it was running hard out into the open on 3lb braid, 6lb leader, zzzzzzzzzz. Runty was just laughing for some reason :P , and he put the leccy down, and we chased it at full speed gaining line back, this thing just wouldn't stop, mind you, I did have a pretty lose drag setting as it just kept going deeper and deeper. After a minute or two of good runs, it slowed up and it was just a matter of angling the fish up slowly on the light gear, to eventually see colour of a nice snapper, and Runty slid him in the net... I was stoked, being a PB at 52 B) Decided to release him. :)

P1010664.jpg

P1010675.jpg

Hookup, 3inch Damaki Armershad

P1010661.jpg

After that excitement, we continued to fish the rocky reefs and the dropoffs for no more results. We then decided to hit some canals to give runty some practise hahah :P , and I pulled 2 legals on the first two pontoons heading into the canal system... We worked our way down a few different arms of the canal, and runty got off the donut, and converted a few bites into hookups and managed 3 legals getting our bag. Biggest going 32 fork. After getting a few more small bag fish, we hit the reefs again hoping for some bigger fish, and drifted the reefs with the leccy battery almost dead, and managed a few moer legal bream and runty pulling a 36cm Squire on a Damaki Armershad in the Moebie colour.

P1010681.jpg

P1010687.jpg

P1010689.jpg

P1010693.jpg

It was a good day out, and look forward to doing it again.

Cheers

Dan

Archived