Tailor Gold Coast

Saffa

Hi there could anyone give me some info about fishing between Narrow Neck and Phillip Park for tailor? Can one fish there on all the tides from high to low. On low tide is it harder to find gutters or does one have to wade out further? I am keen to give it a go as I have a nice surf rod and have not used it for awhile.

Hi there could anyone give me some info about fishing between Narrow Neck and Phillip Park for tailor? Can one fish there on all the tides from high to low. On low tide is it harder to find gutters or does one have to wade out further? I am keen to give it a go as I have a nice surf rod and have not used it for awhile.

Catching tailor on sandy beach is very tiring and annoying. Unfortunately there is no wharf in whole bloody gold coast.

I only recommend off the rocks and it is also hard to find on the gold coast.

11. Avenue at Palm beach is a good spot the water is deeper the rocks are flat and safe the water has no rocks so you wont lose your tackles. Also at the beginning of the Coloongatta Beach after the curvy mountain road turning left to the road with maybe more than 5-6 pedestrian crossings and hotels on the right has a park and rocks there. You can try off rocks there.

Both spots worked for tailor with a metal lure. Unlike other people Only use 15Grams smallest curvy HALCO or diamond shape with green or yellow sticker lures with a 0.15 or 0.18mm line so you can cast.

With a lure about 40-60gr you will just waste your time and scare the fishes from the beach... but from a boat it is completely different story....

With frozen pilchards you will probably get breams, dart or trevallies instead of tailors... Tailors only come to fresh or alive bait...SO bait is also timewaster for tailor unless you have daily fish...

Those were my experiences, 2 weeks ago caught very good size tailors with this tactics from one of those spots....

Note: If there are any people surfing around, then there will not be any chance to catch tailor...

Cheers

G`day. Narrowneck and Philip park are good areas to target tailor when they are on the run in the area.

Take a drive down Macarthur Parade and pull a park some where around the Life Savers building, and take a wander along the beach there.

Alternatively drive along Seaworld Drive and check out the many paths leading down to the beach.

When the tailor are around there is usually a few down there fishing. Word of advice if there are others there before you pick a spot, don`t crowd in on others as some tailor fishos` can be a little grumpy and have no hesitation to offend your emotionally tender side.

In comeing tide around sunrise or late arvo- evening. Pillies, 3-4 gang 3/O hooks,60-70cm 15-20lb trace,(if you want a 20cm premade wire trace, if using an Alvey you can add a 60-70cm trace to this to avoid line twist build up, old fashion rig but some die hards still swear by it.), 4-5 ball running sinker will usually surfice,some run the sinker straight on to the hooks.

Was there today in the midday, Caught 2 very big tailors and missed both of them cause of the annoying rocks. The lure was stuck at the rocks and missed the first one.

When I was retrieving the second (bigger one) the fishing line was stuck at one of the rocks. Had to step on the rock covered with water. Got the fish and the lure but the tailor fel in to the water under a rock. Tried to pick it up and it bit my finger terrible, then disaappeared.

Then moved on and tried few more casts.

I was utterly exhausted and pissed off.

Fel from the slippery rocks, broke my finger, lost house key and the car remote wont work any more cause of the water...

At the last cast the rod broke from the thickest part. The tide was high, I could not even take my lure back which was stuck at one of the rocks.

The rod was a 2.1m Shimano rod but was doing the trick well, just ended up buying a new rod from ebay, ( MAYA Galaxy 3.3 meters and 100-300Gr casting weight) Hope that it wont break.

Archived