Best Places for Tailor Brisbane?

Hey I was just wondering where the best place for tailor fishing is at the moment around the brisbane area. I do not have a boat so will have to do land based. Looking around the Moreton Bay area at the moment, however some advice would greatly be appreciated.

Connor

Hey I was just wondering where the best place for tailor fishing is at the moment around the brisbane area. I do not have a boat so will have to do land based. Looking around the Moreton Bay area at the moment, however some advice would greatly be appreciated.

Connor

There are heaps on the gold coast, dont know about brisbane.

But the tailors are really far from the beach, so you have to cast at least 70 meters which is possible only with a long spool reel and a suitable rod.

When I could cast far ( about 10 meters further than the big waves which were already about 50 meters far from the beach ), then I could get few hits and I caught 2 on the weekend but missed both even outside the water cause of the slippery rocks which was bad luck.

If you will cast inside a gutter or any closer you will not get any hits from tailors, so the casting distance is the most important thing, which is only possible with a 30 or 40 grams of metal lure.

Archived