Lake campfire Maroon dam

tugger

Went up to Maroon dam on friday for the whole long weekend and stayed at lake campfire got a spot right on the water before the whole place filled up. I took the family and had a few friends come up as well the weather was great and conditions were perfect on the dam for skiing. I left the boat in the water in front of camp all weekend which was a bonus.

Each morning early i would take my son for a ski on our new connelly ski this things carves up the water smoothly and we were the first out each morning on glass conditions. I imagine i was a few peoples alarm clocks with my noisy 2 stroke. The redclaw traps were in all weekend and we only got about 40 redclaw but gee they were big and enough for a bbq with coconut cream and garlic maranate.

We skied and tubed with the kids all weekend and had fires each night with the kids toastin marshmellows and the adults having a few brews. I have been up there before but only day trips from boonah so i will be doing lake campfire again with its top position at the top of the dam

Will have to do this again with a AFO Wanderers social when it warms up some more probably around eearly november

How is 10th and 11th of november for the next social Kurt will try and set dates to suit

Will have to do this again with a AFO Wanderers social when it warms up some more probably around eearly november

i will be in depending on the dates. i need a good wake board sesh, havnt dont it for 7 months now and am missing those tasty redclaw as well.

Archived