cooyar creek 16/10/12

staunch_1

hey guys and gals

went down to my local freshwater creek which is the cooyar creek or it looked more like a dam haha i couldnt really say the water was moving all that much.the stretch of creek is inbetween yarraman and a town called blackbutt.i only had around 200-300m range to yak around and i threw afew poppers more the gold and red colour and afew soft plastic jigging grub in nuclear chicken and pepperd prawns but with know success which doesnt bother me as it was my first attempt in the fresh.anyone know of any other places i can safely launch a yak for a fish inbetween kilcoy and kingaroy

so any helpful info on the lures and soft plastics i should be trying would be great.as you can see the deepest it got was 4m otherwise it stayed around the 2 to 3m mark.there was also plenty of weed around so lures just kept on clumping up with it which made me turn to poppers and soft plastics.

the creek runs up into private property which looks alot more promiseing but after reading threads started on here about it in QLD not sure if i should or shouldnt.

enjoy the pics

post-10523-144598867294_thumb.jpg

post-10523-144598867301_thumb.jpg

post-10523-144598867306_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Archived