Pelican Waters - Quick flick

gardiner

Hey there.

Had a quick fish at pelican waters this afternoon.

Saw a couple of little trevs cruising this flat but were really spooky. Found a nice thin run off of the canals and tied on a zipbait. First cast with the zip bait and i hooked up. This fish felt quite reasonable and nearly stitched me up in the mangroves and over hanging trees.

31 fork length bream on a zipbait. Also had some fun using my mums Canon 1100d.

Here are some pictures, hope you enjoy.

Also i am keen to chase jewies some time and was wondering if anyone could chuck me a pm on the techniques and location and lures etc.

Went pretty hard on light leader

post-8784-144598870106_thumb.jpg

Thanks guys :cheer:

Awesome one mate, you get exited for the rest of the cast when you score a good one on the first cast. Did you get anymore or just the 1 decent sized bream??

Cheers

Matt

Hey mate.

This was the only fish i got. It was just a quick 50 min or so fish, this spot is just around the corner from my house ..

I fish golden beach a fair bit, try hitting it just as the full tide starts to run out again throwing jackall chubbies, atomic cranks, and crankas on long light leader using the tide to creat a nice arc in your line and its easy to cover heaps of ground walking along the shore, have landed heaps of bream and flattys that way.

Cheers

I fish golden beach a fair bit, try hitting it just as the full tide starts to run out again throwing jackall chubbies, atomic cranks, and crankas on long light leader using the tide to creat a nice arc in your line and its easy to cover heaps of ground walking along the shore, have landed heaps of bream and flattys that way.

Cheers

Thanks i'll give it a go. Caught plenty of flathead here. I am within walking distance it golden beach and pelicans waters!

Archived