Holiday suggestions

Northside Chic

Hi everyone

I am trying to plan my next fishing holiday and thought I would see if anyone had been anywhere good or heard any good reports of holiday locations. I will be taking 3 young kids and my mum and dad and was wanting to go to a place that was essentially a quiet little fishing village with some nice land based options for fishing. We have been to Toogoom and Iluka before, so we enjoy those quiet sleepy little places where the kids can have a fish and a swim and the family can relax without stacks of people being around. I would also like the fishing to be decent and when I say decent, we only target the bread and butter species (whiting, flathead, bream etc) and because my parents are elderly and we have young kids with us I would prefer easy access beach or estuary fishing. Any suggestions would be really appreciated. Also I forgot to mention, it can be in Qld or NSW. Cheers

Yamba is nice. has the river, beach and the rock wall. has boat hire, cruises etc. still small enough to have the friendly small town feel, but also big enough to have a shopping centre with woolies etc.

some in qld i would suggest are burrum heads, woodgate, tin can bay and if you are after somewhere even quieter try Poona.

Archived