is it me...or is the fishing slow?

heidii

Hi guys, im back on the forum 4 years later having moved back to the Gold Coast about 4 months ago! YAY!!! my partner and I have been doing lots of fishing, mainly flicking lures around and have has no luck. Night after night for hours on end is producing nothing and we are getting very fustrated. We will be getting a boat soon so all our fishing is mainly land based at the moment. Our target species in the awesome mangrove jack but need some advice; can anyone give me round about good places for jack fishing off the bank? So far we have tried all Paradise Point/Runaway Bay area and all through the canels, coomera river & tallebudgera creek.

G'day! I am going out to try Tingalpa Creek on Sunday morning with Richard to try and learn a bit more about the fish. It makes it a little harder without a boat in my opinion and I find drifting with the electric casting into snags, pylons and rock bars to be good. I have only fished for Jack with live bait but have gone out today and started my Jack lure collection for the trip on Sunday.

Oh and do you know where the swimming enclosure is at Tallebudgera.. Try flick lures hard up against the sides of that.. Never know what might be lurking there ;)

Cheers,

Kane

Wait for hot steamy days/nights for jacks and try a slab of mullet over livies and Kanes on the money with good structure especially rock walls but tighten you drag right up dont let them get back to the rocks. The net at tallebudgera is another good place mentioned go there after all the people have left and cast down along the net outsidebe carefull because the belly of the net will belly out a bit and snag you so a couple of meter to one side is alright they will find the bait

Heidii, i would agree the fishing down the Goldy has slowed down a bit, still some good captures around by those putting the effort in.

The reason is the lack of rain and very clean water, this has the bait fish well spread out and the predators with them.

Keep at it, one thing is for sure you don't catch anything sitting on your backside at home, a good week of rain and the fishing will be terrific, cheers wayne

Archived