late arvo bass fish at my local

staunch_1

hey guys and gals

i got an chance to have a fish just down the road at my local and yet it was only for an hour or 2 it was a good session.i hit the water around 4:30 so i new it wasnt time for any surface action yet so i chucked on a berkley frenzy rattl'r sinking 1/4oz which i picked up at big w and afew others that work well for me and you cant complain about price.

i hit afew shade patches with no success so decided to through close into the weedy banks and within 3 casts i was onto my first bass not a biggy but good fun.

i paddled down to another little shady spot but by this time it was already getting alittle dark.first cast was dead on i left it to sink for 2secs then gave acouple upward twitches then let it sink again then acouple of twitches again and bang on the way back down i got smashed and the way this fish was going i thought i broke my 40cm pb but to my suprise it came up and i new straight away it wasnt a pb but a great solid fight.a nice 38cm girl

post-10523-14459888016_thumb.jpg

it was close to dark so i new it was time to give the surface a crack so i chucked on my trusty old billabong bug 6 and started to cast towards a weedy bank i new that held afew nice fish.4th cast i got it dead on where i wanted it.i let it sit until the water calms then gave it alittle twitch then waited for it to settle again i then started to slowly retrieve it and before it could swim 30cm bang i great visual surface even tho it was close to dark it gave a good fight but not as goos as the 38cm girl i got before but when i pulled it up to my suprise it looked alittle longer.oce i had her in the yak it measured up to 40cm haha he sucked that bug down to

post-10523-144598880166_thumb.jpg

post-10523-144598880177_thumb.jpg

the best part about catching these ladies is releasing them.after that i thought i would call it after a good note so i headed back.hope you enjoyed the pics.

post-10523-144598880171_thumb.jpg

Archived