Best kayak for a beginner

Northside Chic

Hi

Just thought I'd ask for people's opinions on what would be a decent fishing kayak for a beginner. I'm looking for one that's not too long and heavy (preferably no longer than 3m) but prob the most important thing is stability as I'm not too keen on taking a dunk while I'm out there. It would be used for creeks and rivers for flathead and whiting etc. I would like to get one for under $600 if possible.

Thanks

As I'm only 14 I'm not too heavy, but I have a viking Ozzie which is a great little kayak (2.7 m- 17kg) and it's only $550. My mum also has one and it is very sturdy and that's even with our dog in it! If you're looking for something a bit bigger maybe go for the Viking Nemo (3.2m- 20kg) which my dad has and that will also give you a lot more room and is a bit faster to paddle in but it's $700. Both of these fit onto soft roof racks fine and will also fit on a normal box trailer.

Hope this helps, James

for what your after and price range, if you don`t mind buying 2nd hand, imo you can`t go past the viking range. espris etc are often put up for sale when some one decides they want to upgrade

check through the for sale section,I`m sure there were some for sale a while ago

www.vikingkayak.com.au

Archived