beach anchoring

riz

as i plan on camping a bit more in the tinnie, i was just wondering what type of anchoring system you would use if you pulled up on a beach for the night?, my mates dad just used to have one anchor on land and one in the water with two floats tied onto it with a type of hook or caribena maybe? any ideas or flix of it would be appreciated,merry xmasss and happy spew years

Good size anchor of some description with a length of rope attached to it and a float on other end. Make sure enough length for tidal fluctuation. Attach a snap clip to the top of the rope above the float.

Second bit is just a long length of rope. Tie one end to the front of your boat and the other end to the rear so you have a huge loop with your boat in the loop.

Hook the rope through the snap clip and then gently pull on the rope to drag front of boat out to anchor. Tie off both ends just taut and boat should stay perpendicular to the shore.

Reverse it all to retrieve.

Lance will be able to sort you out. The pulley system works a treat anywhere that has a steep bank. If you have a massive loop it works great on the more gradual banks too. Really saves you getting wet. A very good anchor and heavy long chain will mean it will stand up against worse weather.

After seeing mark's and mick's i'm going to mod mine a bit more. Theirs work a treat

Archived