piont lookout camping

mottly crew

Hey Collin,

I've been to straddie since I've been a toddler, and every year we've camped at the same spots. Camping at cylinder beach is great and you can also camp at adder rock. I've also heard that main beach is pretty good for camping. I've been to cylinder the most out of those and it's a beautiful camping ground and beach, absolutely love it. However, the only downfall is that there are restrictions to where you put your tent which becomes quite annoying sometimes. There's more spots to put your tent at adder rock which is quite good and it's nice as well but it's further from point lookout. All these spots are great probably recommend cylinder but anywhere round straddie and point lookout is awesome :)

Madi

Have you been there before Colin? I have camped at Adder Rock a lot of times over the last 25 years. Good facilities, toilet and hot shower. Reasonable walk or a long stumble to the pub. Close to the servo/shop.

Are you looking for a beech camping area? Do you want to 4x4. The beech sites have no facilities I am pretty sure. I have not camped at these but they look pretty good if you do not mind the straight out camping.

sounds good steely i was thinking of cylinder camp ground i had a look on the net its what im looking for. the tent restrictions sounds like a bummer im pretty fussy where i set up camp

no 4x4 for me ted its in pieces in the shed ive busted the big end bearing if im lucky ill get it going for the easter break if i remember how to put it back together :S

Archived