Offshore straddy 20-1-13 Report

linc87

Hey guys, here is a quick forecast for Sundays efforts offshore.

Crossed the bar at first light and tried to gather a couple of livies at shag. Had very limited success with only a couple of slimies and pike caught, an interesting note is that the other boat we were with caught 3 beautiful squid (about 350mm each) on bait jigs I was keen to put onr down with a hook through it but they wanted them all for dinner ïŒ.. While the boys were jigging I threw around a 5’ armour shad and managed the first keeper for the day, a small spangled. Gave up on the livies and headed out to 7’s soon after.

Over the course of the morning there was a steady stream of fish coming onto the boat, the cousin was stoked to upgrade his snapper pb with this 90cm specimen. I was getting annoyed by this stage as I had pulled the hooks on 6 fish over the course of the morning and got bitten off once, I put that down to a wahoo or Spanish as my pillie was smashed about 25m from the bottom so decided to go for a troll.

post-11156-144598911947_thumb.jpg

Trolled for about half an hour, but after hearing the ordinary reports coming back and not seeing many boats stopping we opted back for the drift. I soon hooked up to a smallish AJ which went just under legal, on the same drift the boys had a double hook up with one more spangled and a cracking tusky. Pulled the pin pretty early and crossed a glassy bay. All in all it was a pretty good morning on the water and Australia day is going to be a cracker with fresh fish on the barby!

post-11156-144598911958_thumb.jpg

post-11156-144598911964_thumb.jpg

post-11156-144598911973_thumb.jpg

p.s saw a new robalo out and figure it was Bi-polars new rig, have to say she looks sweet. Pretty damn jealous!

Cheers andrew,

What boat are you in ? by the looks of your avatar some kind of glass CC?

One thing that pissed me off though was the amount of boats fishing inside the green zone around flat rock! I expected to see the fisheries all over these people with the good forecast.

Archived