4×4 & outdoors show

robin

Just a general question, as I have been looking for a while for a 4wd and now Im ready to buy one within the next few weeks, so thats why i want to go to the show.

My main question is , that I want to take my wife and 6month old (actually she wants to come hhaha)

Are there plenty of baby change rooms, and will it be too busy to wheel a pram around.

Park in the park in O'Connell Tce ($12) I suggest buying your tickets online and use the Promo Code 4x4earth and get them for $12 instead of $15. Its great to just walk straight in without queuing.

Just got back from there where I did have a good play with the "Raymarine Dragonfly GPS Sounder combo". I reckon its alright! I know 5" is kinda small but if you have a combination of 2 screens, split horizontally, its really not that bad. The Show Deal is $829 with Navionics Gold card and wont be available till after Easter. The Raymarine rep was very political when he said äfter Easter"and intimated that it may be SOME TIME after Easter... Bit of a gamble forking out $800 odd dollars for something that may be a while in the delivering. (I have been caught before). At least he was interested in selling it to all and sundry.

I looked at Lowrance & Navman at Bias and because I didnt want the $3000 jobby, I couldnt get a rep interested. The rest of the show was as expected....lots of stuff with drool dripping off it. I had a good chat with the rep from Zerek Prawns. That was worth the 2 hrs in traffic alone. I had been going to waaay too much trouble with them. If you go, try and find him. The show he puts on is average but one on one, he is great. (and yes, I did stock up on the range while I was there.)

Apart from that, nothing cheap. apart from cheap stuff. I looked at 12v fridge freezers, Ironman in particular. Extra Special Show Deal.....is the same price as E#ay and I would have to pick it up whereas E#ay is free delivery.

Its worth a day out if you have nothing better to do or you want something in particular. I did see lots of people humping coolers, generators, and other heavy stuff back to the carpark, which is a fair old hike.

Cheers guys

Aussie

was going to head in tomorrow with stinkbris, but i was bored this arvo so i went in to have a pre looksie, just incase i need to do any selling to the wife for saturday.

and it was packed as even for a friday, and it is still rubbish!

was a few tackle stands selling rubbish i can buy from kmart cheaper.

sienna reels $59 even bcf has them cheaper on the shelves.

cheap nasty rods, and even dodgyer reels. haha all round angler was the better one but still nothing worth bragging about.

it should be called the 4wd show as there is more displays and stands for that and camping gear than there is for fishing and TACKLE.

most of the stands were in the exact same place as they were last year and nothing highly impressed me.

my advice..... save the $12-15 getting in, fighting to get past people that feel the need to stand right in the middle of a walk way and have a 10yr reuninion,and grief parking and money ( if you drive there) as even the carpark was just about full by 12 today, will be worst tomorrow.

and go to your local tackle shop and spend your dollars there.

was going to head in tomorrow with stinkbris, but i was bored this arvo so i went in to have a pre looksie, just incase i need to do any selling to the wife for saturday.

and it was packed as even for a friday, and it is still rubbish!

was a few tackle stands selling rubbish i can buy from kmart cheaper.

sienna reels $59 even bcf has them cheaper on the shelves.

cheap nasty rods, and even dodgyer reels. haha all round angler was the better one but still nothing worth bragging about.

it should be called the 4wd show as there is more displays and stands for that and camping gear than there is for fishing and TACKLE.

most of the stands were in the exact same place as they were last year and nothing highly impressed me.

my advice..... save the $12-15 getting in, fighting to get past people that feel the need to stand right in the middle of a walk way and have a 10yr reuninion,and grief parking and money ( if you drive there) as even the carpark was just about full by 12 today, will be worst tomorrow.

and go to your local tackle shop and spend your dollars there.

totaly agree, same as the past 5 yrs or so. wish they would get it together a bit better but at the rates at which the rna charge it's no wonder the fishing companys stay away. go fishing instead.ezy

Bottle of coke. $4.50. Disgraceful.

Bottle of water $4.

Better off to spend your time in a actual tackle shop lol. For free lol. And I'm by far not a tight ass.

Melb fishing show is so much better and it's open until 11pm thursday Friday and Saturday.

Just my opinion. Expected better from the previous years.

Told wife to remind me how terrible it was so I don't go next year lol. Pretty happy I didn't waste my Saturday morning pass in going.

I went Friday its not that bad

I got full on led lights for the trailers a set for the ute and quite a few side clearance markers for$50 included a twin pack of led resisters too ,saved $210.

Got a ripper of a yabbie pump for 20 bucks Saved $20

A pack of 4 release clips for the outrigger or down rigger $25 for 4 saved $130

I pick my new toy up tomorrow saved 2K I bought the demo from the show

For me it was great!!!

Archived