Goldcoast and Bay Bream

dan25

Gday all

Have been a bit lazy lately and havent really put up any reports, so thought it was about time.. I dont think ive put any of these goldy ones up B) Mainly been doing a lot of breaming, around the Goldcoast particularly when the water was quite dirty after the recent rain. So I took advantage and practiced a technique I dont' do enough of, throwing dark crank style lures, mainly the atomic Hardz and Cranka hardbodys up tight to the flats between pontoons. Had great fun doing this for two sessions.

b87dpf.jpg

2myyx75.jpg

2r4hp36.jpg

Weekend after that, decided to give the bay another crack, so hit up a few different areas one morning. Day started with 3-4 knots of wind, and a dead flat lake for a bay, so the fish just shutdown big time and it was pointless. So up came up the leccy and went for a 20-25 minute drive to find some fish. Didn't take long, and as soon as I pull up, theres bait everywhere, wind has picked up just nicely and blowing onto some reefs creating nice white water, it couldnt have looked better.

It all came together, its not normal for a great spot to produce heaps of fish, but this time it did. For the next 2 hours I probably had the best bream bite Ive ever had catching well over 10 legals, and good fish too, including a fish just shy of 37 fork which I was just stoked to get off the top of some shallow reef on the 3lb. Probably the biggest bag Ive caught with the next biggest at 33 fork, couple 32's and yeh went back to the ramp leaving them biting pretty much, after losing about 4-5 atomics, going through 3-4 packets of gulps ahahha, all worth it..

yi78p.jpg

35ml8qr.jpg

bj62c4.jpg

Thats me done, hope everyone has a great easter and gets out for a fish. A bunch of mates and myself will be heading up to relax, for a few days 4wding, fishing and drinking up at rainbow beach, cant wait! B)

Tight lines, cheers.

Dan B)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived