Talkin Forkies at NPD

bersim

With the wind predicted to be terrible but knowing it was the last day of the holidays we decided to head out to NPD to try and get a few bass. Got there at 6 and the dam was like glass and to our surprise it stayed like glass for most of the session!!! All of the shrimp pots were loaded with baby redclaw so only managed 2 shrimp :pinch: Looked like someone had been at my pots as they were in the dead trees and most of them were almost impossible to get out :angry: Someone even cut the zip tie on one. We still decided to give it a shot with our 2 shrimp and redclaw. On the first drop my shrimp was demolished by a forkie then Bethany lost her shrimp to one as well.

post-11154-144598940447_thumb.jpg

Seem to be really taking over :(

Managed this whopper which was 55cm! It did at least 10 solid runs and took a longgggg time to bring in! (It might not have taken too long but with the rod jammed in my stomach it sure felt like a long time :lol::lol: )

post-11154-144598940457_thumb.jpg

We caught them at the tip of the island, at the float and anywhere that we drifted.

This forkie was definitely not on a diet :silly: :silly: :silly:

post-11154-144598940467_thumb.jpg

Tonnes of these around too.

post-11154-144598940476_thumb.jpg

Ended up with 9 forkies, 2 tandans and no bass :(

With beautiful weather and fish around it was still a great day out.

James

James- yeah mate that was us in the canoe, the bass went pretty hard, for a moment I was sure I had hooked a Lungfish.

Dino- Got a few snaps hoping to do a report but there not really worth posting, haven't learnt the art of fish photography yet, every decent size fish I get ends up looking like a guppy in my photos.

Jonathan

Archived