Jew from a yak

The Mad Hughesy

Hey all,

With the sun shining on Sunday I could not pass up the opportunity of getting out in the kayak. Launched at midday and was back at the ramp in a few hours. I found my new favourite spot, 18ft deep and loads of bait fish showing on the sounder right on the bottom. So I rigged up a 3inch Zman MinnowZ in new penny, dropping it to the bottom and slow lifting it. About 5 casts after rigging up the Zman, I throw it out and it sinks down down down….first slow lift up and boom!!!! Off the reel screams. Lots of big head shakes, so I was pumped to see what it was. I was only fishing 6lbs leader for bream so I took my time bringing it to the surface. 5 minutes later up comes this beauty, 55cm of Jew. My best from the yak to date. I paddled to shore for a few happy snaps before releasing it to fight another day. Had a few more bumps but no hook ups after that. Safe to say ill be back at that spot in future! Also ive created a facebook page dedicated to Kayak Fishing in QLD, check it out… www.facebook.com/kayakfishingqld

post-3924-144598941496_thumb.jpg

post-3924-144598941508_thumb.jpg

post-3924-144598941518_thumb.jpg

Cheers

Chris

Archived