Jacks off PNG

Bill_V

Hey guys,

Just snapped a few pics of some Jacks this morning at work. I am currently on a drilling rig off PNG and there is hundreds of Jacks in this spot and they are really big.........70cm plus easily. I love my job sometimes but unfortunately no fishing is allowed out here. :(

post-9750-144598942151_thumb.jpg

post-9750-144598942157_thumb.jpg

post-9750-144598942161_thumb.jpg

Hey guys,

It isn't illegal or anything to fish here but not allowed to fish off drilling rigs because they don't want fishing line all over the subsea equipment. Can't really feed them either as I took those pics with the ROV and we were in 100m of water, still pretty cool. There is alot of sea life out here. I will post up more pics during this trip if I see anything else you guys might find interesting.

Hey Tony,

where are you at the moment?, might be flying through cairns on my way home on the 9th of May if you are around.

And you are right, people would be amazed at how many Jacks you see offshore in oil and gas fields. In really deep water too as you have seen too.

No worries mate, send me a message on facebook. Could be some good plastics fishing in Cairns at the end of your swing; got heaps of GT's and beast sized tarpon last night ( plus a 60cm barra, little jack, and a little grunter, didn't do a post as no camera), so reckon the schools of GT's are gonna hit the inlet this winter.

Archived