AFO Coraki trip

EZY

g'day all AFO'ers, appologies for the lateness of the trip report but with work, visitors from the U.K. staying with me, flat car battery and so on iv'e been sliding into bed around midnight and up at dawn i havn't had much free time, but better late than never!

Headed off to Coraki on the friday arvo hitting the farm about 5pm"ish" to a very unwelcome down pour from the heavens so needless to say the route in and out of the property was a little slippery. After finding an appropriate spot that hadn't become a puddle i started setting up when Andrew(gloomysamuri) and Ted (crazywalrus crew) turned up. Set up tents and teds big tarp (thanks mate i know i said not to bother but i'm glad you talked me into it)as the night dropped in on us.

After meeting up with Mark (plasticfantastic) and Callum (pancakesnhaggis) at the local takewawy we all headed back to the farm where we set up camp and had a fish but to no avail. The boys got up early next morn and headed out for a fish working the snags and drop off's along the river (some of the underwater holes were 15meters deep!!) landing a small bream and a small flathead (45cm from memory) by gloomy. apart from that nothing else.

post-2144-144598944106_thumb.jpg

So with that John said he would take us down to the beach and have a go for bream ect so loaded the utes and 25mins later here we are

post-2144-144598944117_thumb.jpg

The boys ended up getting a few bream, (i don't have photo's of them so post up boys if you can) heaps of pippis expertly caught by Jake and Declan (kept them busy for ages) with the arvo rolling in we headed back to camp. Previously we had seen something in the river coming up and taking something off the surface but the best we could see was a large round and orangish tail, thus talking to the locals turned out to be big carp so with that we settled in for the night baiting for them with corn, prawns, bread,ect ect ect. no carp but did get a few catties and eels. the highlight of the night was Callum's roast lamb on the webber was top notch mate and thankyou for going to the effort.

callum the catfish kid

post-2144-144598944086_thumb.jpg

Sunday saw a beautiful day sun out blue sky so the crazywalrus crew + gloomy headed out offshore thru evans heads hoping to get into the tuna or snapper, but the weather was not going to play nice this weekend and they opted to come in and fish the river. Mark and Callum packed up early and headed back to Brunswick to have a fish there but havn't heard as to how they went, broke camp around 12 back at the farm and headed home.

Thanks to all of you who came along i had a ball i know john did (is already talking about the next one) great to get out with a bunch of like minded people and have some outdoor fun whether it be fishing , 4wding, camping or riding around on tractors and getting into johns home made "moonshine" even with some rain how is it possible to have a bad weekend. please if anybody else has photo's post them up thanks again ezy

post-2144-144598944128_thumb.jpg

Archived