Taking my fiance fishing for the first time advice please :)

BASSTURD

Hey guys,

3 and a half years together and for the first time she asks do you wanna take me fishing?

My response

post-10472-144598951235_thumb.png

Sure babe i will take you. and all she could say is we better catch a fish LOL

Which leads me to asking you guys a couple of things.

Im thinking of heading down the goldie, around seaworld or off the rocks at the spit.

I just wanted to know if anyone has had luck recently and also where in that area could i pick up some fresh worms in the hunt for some whiting??

Any insight and advice would be appreciate im just going to get her soaking some baits may teach her to throw some plastics aswell if she has the patience. (5 months pregnant lol)

Thanks guys

I know this is expensive however if I was going to take my preggas missus fishing for her first time I would make a day of it. I would head over to Nth Stradbroke on the early barge, have a fish on the beach or at amity, maybe enjoy a lunch at the pub or cafe, a nice stroll at the point lookout finished with an Ice Cream and catch the barge home.

I have taken my girl to the protected beaches at the spit for a fishnic. Can be beautiful if the weather is right. You can buy live worms and yabbies at the bait and tackle shop on the left before the bridge heading south. Or if you have a yabbie pump there are plenty of yabbies on the flats there.

I reckon with live worms and yabbies you're pretty much guaranteed to get at least one whiting, bream or flathead.

good luck!

I have taken my girl to the protected beaches at the spit for a fishnic. Can be beautiful if the weather is right. You can buy live worms and yabbies at the bait and tackle shop on the left before the bridge heading south. Or if you have a yabbie pump there are plenty of yabbies on the flats there.

I reckon with live worms and yabbies you're pretty much guaranteed to get at least one whiting, bream or flathead.

good luck!

awesome stuff thanks heaps Sunnydays

Yep.

Took my pregnant wife popping for Bream & Ting along the Broadwater Parkland beaches. Caught a few on the surface and a few on plastics.

Followed by breakfast at the Rockpool cafe.

Can be a great morning out if the conditions are right.

We still head down, I fish & the missus takes the young fella for a walk and play.

Archived