Around Oz Trip (so far) - Perth to Thredbo (pic heavy)

Ben Derecki

G\'day peeps

Been a while since I\'ve posted here due to me being on the road for the last two months, thought it was about time I put up an update on my trip around Oz. This is a brief picture summary of the first month away, we covered from Perth to Thredbo skipping a lot of SA as we used to live there.

We\'ve seen a fair bit of cool stuff and so far, touch wood, things have gone pretty well with the car and van. We hit a roo crossing the Nulla but damage was minimal, that\'s been about it thankfully.

Anyway I hope you enjoy the pics. All being well I\'ll be in Queensland in a month and a half and am pretty keen to wet a line there... hope there might be some spots available when I\'m around! B) :woohoo:

Cheers

GRAMPIANS

p4110218.jpg

p4120220.jpg

p4120236z.jpg

p4120256p.jpg

p4100189.jpg

Angus - we're doing the full lap back around to Perth mate. We'll be heading up as far as Cairns, maybe Pt Doug / Cooktown and then across and down to the Rock before up to Darwin and back around the coast to Perth.

getrigged - we're working on a budget of $700 p/w or $100 per day, for us (2 adults and 2 kids) this is on the line... a bit more would be nice but we can do it with what we've got and enjoy the time without feeling like we're always watching the money. Diesel and accommodation are what chew through the $$ the most. We are totally self sufficient and can stay without power and water for about a week which allows us to stay at a lot of free camps which reduces the costs. In between capital cities it's not difficult to do things on the cheap - you can check out towns without spending money... maybe a coffee or some tucker here and there but between Melbourne and Sydney (for example) we haven't spent a whole heap of money. But it all depends on what you want to do. Happy to talk more if you want more info, just flick me a PM mate.

Cheers for all the other comments / thanks all. Will post another update in a week or two.

Archived