Smacking the snaps

Shane69

What a cracker snapper season we are having. Its all happening everywhere atm.

Now with some good weather we are finally able to head offshore and chase them.

I have done a few trips in the past month offshore straddie, Cape moreton and out DI.

Our trip DI wasnt too eventful with us only catching a few fish whole day. We got a good cod and few reefies. Fishing out there was tough. We basically just didnt know what to do. None of us have fished 60-80m mark properly before and i didnt know how to look for ground.

It was good experience for me and it has pushed me to learn how to fish 60-80m properly and get to know my sounder before i go back again in hope to catch my frist red emperor

The snapper have being going off their heads offshore atm. We have being fishing the 60-80m mark offshore floatling and jigging for snaps. We have being bagging out nearly every trip in couple of hours. The not big fish but good eating size. We do get a few good ones in the mix. I lost a monstor couple trips ago which i know was a 20lb fish i being chasing for a while. It crushed size 6 gama circle hooks before winning its freedom. I caught my pb snapper on a demercal jig too which went 80cm. We had most nuts snapper session that day.

I being doing a bit of sounding around lately before starting to fish and its paying off big time to learn how to use sounder properly. I have found some good spots that hold snaps through the day and also some cracker pearlies. My mates followed me out other day and we both bagged out 8.30am and than chased pearlies. The other boys got 3 cracker pearliers from 1 mark i found. I never seen them that big before. We got a couple up too but not that big. We dropped so many more though.

Here are some photos of our recent trips.

post-9281-144598971463_thumb.jpg

post-9281-144598971477_thumb.jpg

post-9281-144598971489_thumb.jpg

post-9281-144598971498_thumb.jpg

post-9281-144598971508_thumb.jpg

post-9281-144598971518_thumb.png

post-9281-144598971533_thumb.jpg

post-9281-144598971543_thumb.jpg

Shane

some nice fish there shano,now leave my 33's alone bud...lol,just wait til you come further north than the southern mark I give ya.lol

Haha you know what they say. Never leave fish to find fish.

Il come sound around when these spots get quite.

Im not complaining lol. I know theres bigger fish amongest them.

Archived