Finger mark fun

linc87

Hey guys,

I have Been travelling for the past few months so getting home and getting into some fish was well overdue. Spent a couple of days up in mackay to see the family and got the chance to get out for one cracking session. Unfortunately the cold had shut down the barra and jacks so the creeks weren't doing there thing.

Got the call to meet a mate as his place at his place when he finished work, the tides were right and winds looked good so the plan was to get out and target a few finger mark. A quick sound around the mark and the sounder displayed a pretty good show.

post-11156-144598972164_thumb.jpg

I was fishing with a 20g threads buster and smithy with a transam. With much debate whether which lure was better the call was made to put them to the test. First drift over the school and we managed 2 double hook up's. these fish go like stink in any depth water but considering the school was sitting in less than 7m of water there were some heart in mouth moments.

post-11156-144598972176_thumb.jpg

The double hook up's continued on every drift, then On our 3rd drift I was smoked by a horse fish and smithy dropped one at the boat. Later inspection showed that the trebles had been destroyed. After that We left them biting with a good feed for our families in the esky.

post-11156-144598972186_thumb.jpg

post-11156-144598972195_thumb.jpg

It was great to have such a red hot session after such a long time off the water.

Archived