Ballina Beach Village

Northside Chic

I just got back yesterday from a week in Ballina and fished a gutter on Friday night right out in front of where this place is. No luck on the tailor unfortunately, just one good run which bit me off (should have put the wire on earlier ......).

At the moment they are apparently getting whiting to 500g with big tailor if you know which gutter to fish (I don't!!). The south rockwall of the river is a 5 minute drive as well as a few vantage points along the river too.

Good luck.

Stayed there over the Easter school holidays and really enjoyed the stay. The pool was great, there is an awesome camp kitchen with large communal fridge and gas bbqs. If your exit the park and turn right there is a small carpark on the left and a small track between the mangroves. At low tide you can pump plenty of yabbies, walk out towards the river and there is a rock wall with plenty o fish hanging around it, and a nice edge to flick lures for flathead. Further along there is the breakwall which holds tailor, bream and although indidnt get any I am sure the Jew would be around. Send me a pm to remind me and when I get back from holiday I will look at a map and give u a few other spots to try.

Archived