STKE

G'day

I've been a long time lurker, so I guess it's time to start giving back.

My Names Callum

I mainly fish the Pine, but I do occasionally trips to Peel island and the surrounds.

Personally after working at a Fisho the taste of fish does nothing for me anymore, so I practice catch and release.

However the crabs have something to fear. I always do pretty well for crabs in the pine. I've got a couple of hard to reach places that generally always produce a feed.

I've just started out fishing soft plastics. I picked myself up a Shimano Sedona with a Starlo Classic 2~4Kg which i was quite happy with.

Every now and then I do go sharking, So far in recent months I have just landed my first bullie @ just over 100cms.

I do like also to catch the weird stuff too. I caught my first QLD lungfish last weekend. Easily over 100cms and a Guess of about 8Kg's. Caught on 8lb with 12lb Leader.

If you see me out and about I'm in a Center Console, 80's Clark Abalone. It's Painted Red & White, With the name "Special K" with a suzi on the Back. Always keen to say G'day and always will to share information (It's the only way to learn). Photo of the Boat is in My profile for Identification.

Look forward to contributing.

Hi Callum,

You should be easy to spot now I've seen your boat and you know I've been hanging around the Pine. ;)

Your right about sharing info here and I'll reply to you PM soon.

If your interested in some yak fishing let me know and we can hit the skinny water for some bass. I have 2 yaks so no problem if you don't have one.

Speak soon.

Wayne

Hi Callum I've seen you boat around and had a chuckle at the name. I occasionally hit up the pine when the weather has been bad long enough that I can't get out to Moreton.

Are there any jewies about in the Pine at the moment?

Everyone seems to love the name. Bought it like that, will never have the heart to change it

Mate never targeted Jewies before. I'm pretty sure that the season is over for them (correct me if i'm wrong). Always hear people having success floating livies under the bridges.

I'm heading out to somerset over Christmas so If anyone has any updated reports as the where the redclaw, that will be great info. My Butter, garlic, chili redclaw is the bomb.

Archived