Bass, Bream & Tarpon

Manni79

It’s been a while since I posted a report however mainly from lack of fishing, too much work and a bit of laziness.

The last few outings have been up Noosa way with Greg where we’ve been fishing the upper reaches which are generally a freshwater system however with the lack of rain over the past few months; the salt has pushed its way up the system bringing with it a variety of species to target. The usual suspects of bass and tarpon are around including, bream and mangrove jack, the later species being the most difficult to catch but has been spotted regularly.

The water clarity up there is nothing short of spectacular at the moment, giving me views of the system like never before. For those that have fished there before you’ll know there is a tonne of timber snags presenting themselves as possible homes for fish, with the water clarity the way it is at the moment I was blown away with what structure I could see and the fish lurking amongst it, the problem in some areas though is the fish have already seen you coming well before you even get a shot making them more timid. We had to work hard for the fish working poppers, weedless plastic rigs and vibes.

Most fish caught were pulled out of snags hard up against the bank or deep in amongst the timber, however the tarpon would be found further out chasing small bait fish.

I always love going up here for a fish even when it’s slow (Accept for the Cicadas, there were deafening), the scenery is amazing, awesome company and a few bourbon’s always goes down nicely.

I’ll leave you with a couple photos from the trip, thanks for reading!

Carter with one a couple Bass we caught today

post-8859-144599025194_thumb.jpg

The weedless rig working well today

post-8859-144599025206_thumb.jpg

Up close and personal with this little fella

post-8859-144599025215_thumb.jpg

Tarpon were caught on small vibes & SP's

post-8859-144599025224_thumb.jpg

Archived