Fishing a new location

Hein

Hi guys,

I'm heading up to Caloundra for the first time this weekend and was "Google Mapping" to try find some spot I can fish (land based with plastics targeting Flathead).

I reckon I'm going to try southern end of Golden Beach or even jump in the car and head a bit north of Caloundra and fish the land locked looking area of Currimundi (Currimundi Lake).

Has anyone fished up that way and had any success or have any tips???

Cheers

I've caught some nice flathead on the run out tide at Currimundi Lake in the small but fast flowing channels as the water heads out to the ocean. Below is a photo of a 70+cm one my sons mate got there on soft plastics. Crap photo I know.....

Aside from that we also get small to average bream up towards the bridge. It's well worth walking along the whole stretch from the bridge to the ocean and keep casting the whole way along.

post-3592-144599028776_thumb.jpg

As for caloundra, land based, I caught about a dozen grunter bream in the channel in front of Happy Valley 2 weeks ago. All along the stretch of beach from the boardwalk to the rocks, but mainly in front of the small surf life saving building.

Put these co-ordinates in to google maps. -26.807334,153.131481

As for caloundra, land based, I caught about a dozen grunter bream in the channel in front of Happy Valley 2 weeks ago. All along the stretch of beach from the boardwalk to the rocks, but mainly in front of the small surf life saving building.

Put these co-ordinates in to google maps. -26.807334,153.131481

Thanks heaps for the tip mate!!!

Archived