Tuna , goldens and macks

wesfish

Some awesome fish caught mate.

Those ocean potion stick baits are good, I had one until I cast it at some dollies and broke off mid flight, a fish had taken the lure before we could recover it.....

Cheers mate, yeah i like the floating version the best out of the potions, it has a great action more of a sub surface lure on retrieve and stays up right and glides with good action. the sinking spun around out of balance. just up grade to 75lb decoy rings and single 3/0 jig hooks, they are a bit light to throw on 50lb short combo but cast awesome on 20lb 7ft spin combo. lets get some more ocean potions and hit the water manni :lol::lol:

That's a cracking grunter... How big was that one Wes?
Cheers mate , not a stonker just a 60cm and close up view of the painted gillies pilly 40g . did go hard from 22mtrs down :)

Amazing the difference that camera angle and being close up makes cause I thought it must have been an absolute cracker too (certainly looks well fed!!). Where are you located these days Wes (or where were these fish caught if you were on holiday)?

That's a cracking grunter... How big was that one Wes?
Cheers mate , not a stonker just a 60cm and close up view of the painted gillies pilly 40g . did go hard from 22mtrs down :)

Amazing the difference that camera angle and being close up makes cause I thought it must have been an absolute cracker too (certainly looks well fed!!). Where are you located these days Wes (or where were these fish caught if you were on holiday)?

Just realized its a pb grunter beating the old one by 2cm :lol: yeah tried to make the focus on the lure for that shot. hope to crack 80cm grunter one day up yeppoon way. Still located brisbane and just travel more for fishing trips these days as i like the fishing better. got a big yeppoon trip coming up in may and hangin for a central coast fix of trout :woohoo: :woohoo:

You still based in Central Queensland mate? Some times I regret moving back down to Brisbane when I see the fishing reports...
only based in central QLD 8 days a year island hopping chasing all the knarly critters :lol: stuck driving a truck around brisbane for a crust :pinch: :lol:

Archived