To the buggers at luggage point

nick01077

Yesterday was a shocker. I thought to sneak out for a quick fish at luggage point to kill a bit of time. It was incredibly busy with a lot of people checking out the queen Mary 2 which is currently docked opposite of the poop Shute. After dodging everyone on the tracks me and my excel managed to get down to the shore line. First cast on my new lure and I lose it to a snag. Second cast my leader knot snaps. Third cast I get bricked and lose another lure. Fourth cast I lose a lure halfway into a cast due to a dodgy knot. 5th cast and I'm all good, I start flicking around for another 30 or so mins with a hit and miss every so often. All up I've been at the spot for about an hour and just as I make another cast I see a tinny about 30 or so metres out from me making it's way getting closer to the otherside of the sunken wall... 5 mins in and the young lad catches a cracker of a thready looking to be a metre or so :evil: I'm standing there gobsmacked, thinking that my luck can't get any worse.... Well it did. After he caught the first one he's straight back into casting again and sure enough he's onto what looks like another thready :( bloody buggers lol couldnt believe my luck! If anyone knows them I'd love to see the pics and know what they were using!

So in the end it was a shocking session for me as all I caught was a decent flatly around 65cm which I then dropped right at the shore... And yep you guessed it he took another new lure with him :unsure:

Hopefully next weekend my luck changes as im with Greg from DI point charters this Sunday so hopefully the weather and swell play nice for me :woohoo:

Archived