Dissapointing end to a good session

I have been fishing around the oil tanker berth at the mouth of the Brissy River and down at Boggy Creek of late with some modest success on the flatties.

Real disappointment for me though is the amount of mess that is on the ground especially at the small ramp at Boggy. I spent a good 10 minutes cleaning the area up last Wednesday after I had packed my gear. Even worse there is a bin right there so no excuses.

Don't understand the thought process. Is it weak to throw rubbish in the bin, or do people not care or is it just plain laziness and stupidity? If you can relate to any of the above, you are a dickhead.

Unfortunately it reflects poorly on the good folk who do the right thing. We can't really expect to get better facilities if we can't even look after what we have. Prime example of the idiots wrecking it for the majority.

Given the amount of time we spend travelling to and fro, washing down our gear, cleaning fish; another 30 seconds to throw our rubbish in a bin or bag it to take it home isn't going to impact anything. Not taking the time however will.

Yeah its the usual lowies that ruin it for everyone. I think you'll find the people that actually look after their gear like you describe aren't the same people who leave their rubbish behind. It's more likely the weekend warrior who is soaking a bait and a 6pack of stubbies that will leave that kind of filth behind.

Kudo's for taking the time to pick up other peoples rubbish mate.

Archived