Electric motor help

rathabfishin2

Hello. I had a little issue with my JW watersnake and have not used it for a while. I am going to pick up a new battery and if that is not the issue I think it may be the foot control as I had the motor full checked and rebuilt when I was in HBay.

Essentially if it is not workiing after I hook it up with the new wiring to the new battery I was wondering there was anyone who has a working foot control for the 55lb (model with remote control) that I could borrow or bring my rig over to check if the issue lies in the foot control?

I would prefer to not buy a new foot control if it is not needed.

Cheers Andrew

P.S I live on the Southside at Corinda

Try your car battery before buying a new one.

Then give jervis walker service in SA a ring they are very helpful and may be able to talk you through a diagnosis. Aternatively Active angler at caboolture may be able to help with a loan of a foot pedal

Cheers

ray

Cheers Ray.

I am going to by the battery regardless as I would like to set up an accessory battery so my cranking battery is used soley for the purpose of making sure I get home. I have dealt with JW service and they gave me the number for their man in Hbay who fixed the motor for a very minimal cost. It was working perfectly however when I last used it the pedal went a little dodgy, before the motor would not work at all leading me too think it is more than likely the pedal that is the issue.

P.S. Cheers for the battery loan last year and the info as to where to buy the batteries. I am going to save quite a bit!

Cheers Andrew

Archived