2 black cats and 5 chinamen.

rayke1938

I had arranged to meet Mark at the western arm of the hinze this morning and all was going well till the Helensvale turnoff where I ran over a sharp object and cut the sidewall on rear passenger side.tyre,

1 black cat

I pulled over and decided it would be faster to change the spare myself.

That is where ot all started to fall apart,

I had a decent wheel brace but could not budge any of the wheel nuts even by jumping on the brace that I extended by using a 2 ft length of pipe.

2 black cats/

Ok i will ring RACQ,

Got recorded message on my mobile saying no credit. :angry:

! chinaman.

Decided that as it was dark and raining I was in a dangerous situation I rang 000 and the police were very helpful and said that they would pass details to RACQ. I gave the police precise details of my location ( Southbound between the off ramp and the on ramp at the helensvale south turn off,

Mark rang me around 6.to see where I was so I gave him all the pertinent details and asked him to ring RACQ as I thought that they may have not got report. He got a big runaround as my car is under a hyundai warranty but they finally tracked the report down and they told him that the racq was around 10 minutes away,

At 6.30 I got a call from the racq saying where are you? He had been dispatched to the Hope Island Turn off.

2 chinamen.

Racq towtruck arrives and says that he is not allowed to do roadside repairs and has to place car on tilt tray and to take me to a place of safety.

He then announced that first he has to ring dispatch and get a job number to authorize him to tow the boat trailer behind him.

When we arrive at Nerang he announces that he is not allowed to change the tyre and then proceeds to ring RACQ to arrange for a serviceman to come and change the tyre.

3 chinamen.

Usual pillar to post with hyundai warranty service and racq call centre operator says 3/4 hour delay. ( I had some forthright words to say and she says that she would try and expedite)

Took almost an hour before serviceman arrived and he had to use a 4ft bar to loosen the wheel nuts as his impact driver wouldnt budge them. He was afraid of actually snapping the wheel studs..

When I tried to start the car the battery was flat because the hazard lights had been on for over 3 hours.

4 chinamen.

Luckily the racq guy had gone around the roundabout and was heading in the opposite direction and I was able to flag him down.

Ring up and get another job number Hyundai again :angry: .

At last i head off home and turn on radio to calm me down and get message on the screen enter security code.

5 Chinamen.

When i got home sorted out mobile. ( Plan had got corrupted and auto top up feature was disabled,call number display removed,call waiting removed,and international access provided very hard to go crook at someone that you can hardly understand)

Then down to JAX tyres at Capalaba who fitted 4 new tyres last month. I made the guy try to undo the wheel nuts on one of the front tyres and he could not budge them and he tried some bullshit platitude that all Hyundai have a habit of tightening up the wheel nuts as you drive.and that their impact wrenches are set at an industry standard of 119nm.

To rub salt into the wound they did not have another tyre in stock

I then went to Hyundai and had the radio reset and had a chat to the service manager and he said that JAX are full of bull.

Written complaints to RACQ,Yatango and Jax.

Have had positive responses from Yatango and RACQ already.

Cheers

Ray

Hi Ray,

These days are rare but they do happen. It's what we call a perfect storm. Rather than fight it and worsen one's hypertension it's best to calm down and go with the flow. Just accept it is going to be an interesting day. Years ago while loading 4 bulldozers on a landing barge, everything was going wrong and I was pulling my hair out. I didn't think anything else could go wrong. Then a seagull did a dump on my face. It was a wake up call and I laughed off a bad day.

By the way, I always thought Chinamen brought one luck?

Cheers... Joe.

Archived