Home made blades

tavita86

With a DIY theme to this year's secret Santa I thought I would try make something fishing related. Searching through YouTube I found this video http://youtu.be/Qu7YePpgZvo showing how to make blades out of some plastic and drop shot sinkers. I made two testers using a yamba prawn blade and an ecogear vx35 as the templates and a boost juice loyalty card for the plastic. This is how they turned out

post-10337-144599090759_thumb.jpeg

I took them for a test drive and surprised to say they had really good action and both caught 2 bass each and an eel! Lucky they were small cos I'm not sure how they'll go with a big bass on the other end!

post-10337-144599090766_thumb.jpeg

post-10337-144599090772_thumb.jpeg

post-10337-144599090778_thumb.jpeg

post-10337-144599090783_thumb.jpeg

post-10337-144599090793_thumb.jpeg

Ahhh the gift of giving! And this is the final lot going out to my secret Santa recipient,

post-10337-144599090788_thumb.jpeg

Now to make some more for myself!

Very creative, they look good! Pretty hard to beat catching fish on your own lure I reckon!

I didn't know that you've caught fish on your lures Sam :P haha just joking :lol:

Well done! They are obviously great lures seeing as they caught you some bass!!! I've made some just like them and have done some modifications to them. I prefer to use galvanised steel and I just used a piece of pipe that we had lying around. I caught yellas and bass on them and they held up fine!

James

Very creative, they look good! Pretty hard to beat catching fish on your own lure I reckon!

I didn't know that you've caught fish on your lures Sam :P haha just joking :lol:

Well done! They are obviously great lures seeing as they caught you some bass!!! I've made some just like them and have done some modifications to them. I prefer to use galvanised steel and I just used a piece of pipe that we had lying around. I caught yellas and bass on them and they held up fine!

James

Cheers yea I was thinking of using a bit of tin but didn't have a drill handy but might give it a go. I saw another video where a guy users sheet lead for weight which is a good idea

Archived