Sick of my Tailor posts yet? 25/04 (pics added)

Damien2Rad

Hey fellas.

Got into the tailor on slugs around Burleigh area on Sunday morning.

Ended up with 8 between the 3 of us and dropped 9!

Ended up cooking a nice few feeds up.

So once again if you find the white water you're in with a chance!

Sorry about the kill shots..

post-7684-14459910655_thumb.jpg

post-7684-144599106558_thumb.jpg

post-7684-144599106564_thumb.jpg

Cheers fellas

Damien

Definitely not, a) because saltwater reports are a reasonably rare commodity these days and B) because it's always interesting seeing fish caught in a slightly 'different' way (ie. not from a boat). Keep up the good work - think I need to talk the missus into a 'family' weekend away down the coast ........... :whistle:

I've been fishing on the sand just south of either Elephant Rock or North Burleigh. In my experience (but not to some people) any thing but a Northerly is fine. Of course a strong easterly will make life hard though. Last seasion was with a S/W.

Any white water near structure is what I've been aiming for. Sunrise / Sunset seems to be more important than tide.

Moving up and down the beach casting in different directions every cast.

To answer the question in the other thread it's just a Mustad 4/0 open eye hook for ganging closed over a swivel that's connected to the split ring.

The idea is that it works a little like a slider, not giving the fish leverage against the trebles so it's harder to throw the hooks when they jump.

I've been using around 40cm of 30-40lb fluro leader with a kaneit knot.

Hope you get into some.

Thanks mate, and appreciate your knowledge and advice.

I have never heard of a kaneit knot, I'll look it up, I've mostly been using blood knot on terminal tackle

Thanks, I'll be down there next week , hopefully the forecasted heavy rain like 200mm wont cause problems.

This might sound like a stupid question, but as I don't know, I'll ask.

I was about to go down the coast and try my luck for tailor.

With all the rain we had and again beach stuffed due to big seas. What would be the chance of catching tailor or should I give it another week or two to settle down?

Thanks

Big swells can make it hard but if you can find that white water you're definitely in with a chance.

If there's a distinctive colour change at river mouths its definitely worth a flick.

Also have landed to flathead in the surf just letting the lure sink to the bottom lately.

I haven't seen the conditions this weekend but I dare say that you have a 100% better chance of catching a fish if you go fishing than if you don't.

Thanks, I'll be re-rigging my lines and will be using lighter mainline to get out past the breakers.

Will be using slider lure as well as Halco Twisty 20gm , thanks for the tip on the stinger hook, makes it easier to stay hooked to a fish. I've lost quite a few tailor in the past when using lures with treble hook only from a jetty.

Sand between my toes very soon.

I'm taking the 11ft Rod instead of that heavy 14ft tailor taker rod, it's very stiff and too heavy to cast after a dozen casts.

Archived