Moreton bay after all the rain

blockah

I'm guessing after all the fresh water going into the bay, theres not going to be much around for a while. Anybody go out today for a sus? Thinking of putting in at scarborough in the morning but don't know if it's worth while or not. :dry:

I'm heading to north moreton/ curtain area tomoz with the boy. I expect it to be ok. Gonna chase some squid and Reefies. Fresh will be on top of the column and provide some cover and food for the bigger critters although with the incoming tide the water should be clear enough.

I base this prediction on nothing. If you see me my boat is named McBoat, dont cut my drift.

I went for my first 'post second child' night time fish solo last night and caught a donut, plus managed to lose 3 out of 4 crab pots. Had them in 2.5m - 3m of water past the poop schute which would normally be fine but as the outgoing tide started roaring, instead of just flowing out the main channel, as soon as it reached the poop schute it flooded out over the shallow sand banks as well at a great rate of knots. So who knows where they ended up - I had meant to chuck half a brick/paver in each one but forgot.

I messed around too long with the pots and getting livies (got some nice mullet) so missed the slackwater which was silly and frustrating. Didn't notice any bigger branches, etc floating out.

Archived