Better late than never - Sunday Tagging

bersim

I've been super busy with maths c, maths b and physics in the past week and haven't had a chance to post up a report from Sunday. It's almost over however, so I finally have some time to post up our day on Sunday. It started off in a way that, let's just say, could have been better but after relaunching the boat WITH bungs in we finally got going :blush: I was mainly using my American lures and the bass seem to really like them. The fancy Gary Yamamoto "crankbait" seemed to be a real bass magnet trolling and it was good to see plenty of bass caught on it!

post-11154-144599121161_thumb.jpg

After noticing plenty of boats flicking lures close to where the school was on Saturday we pulled in the rods for a few minutes and dropped a few jigs. Got into some babies straight away on the ice jigs but it was slow going there. But I'm happy that I got a few on my $2 tail spinner... got them on the shopping list for next time :evil: Decided that there weren't enough bass down that way so we decided to troll down to where Ray was. That turned out to be a bad choice as there were even less bass down there! By that time the wind was picking up and I needed to get home to study for physics so called it a day at about 9.45-10.00. Was definitely a great break from all the revision so thanks to everyone who organised the event. Already looking forward to the next tagging weekend to come!

post-11154-144599121175_thumb.jpg

post-11154-144599121185_thumb.jpg

post-11154-144599121195_thumb.jpg

post-11154-144599121205_thumb.jpg

James

Those subjects are definitely limiting the fishing time but I guess I'll have plenty of time to fish once I retire (already thinking about retirement and not even working yet :P ) Hahaha yeah first time it's happened and hopefully last! Was just slightly embarrassing standing next to the boat for 5 minutes while the water poured out :lol:

Moral of the story is 2 bilge pumps one in the stern and one in the bow the bow is normally the lowest point when you are at rest and the stern when you are on the plane.

If you have your petrol motor on you just get up it and most of the water will drain back out.

Can you access your bung sockets from inside the boat and screw the plugs in backwards.

Little things like that remind you to double check things such as removing safety straps before launching .

One of the bass that I tagged on saturday was recaptured on Sunday and had grown .5 of a cm.Cheers

Ray

Looks like there was over 1300 bass tagged from 20 or so boats, much more than anyone anticipated.

Dino

There was definitely a few bass out and about. It's good that the tags got used up and the day was a success! Dad and I will be out at the dam on Sunday to help out with the event.

James

Moral of the story is 2 bilge pumps one in the stern and one in the bow the bow is normally the lowest point when you are at rest and the stern when you are on the plane.

If you have your petrol motor on you just get up it and most of the water will drain back out.

Can you access your bung sockets from inside the boat and screw the plugs in backwards.

Little things like that remind you to double check things such as removing safety straps before launching .

One of the bass that I tagged on saturday was recaptured on Sunday and had grown .5 of a cm.Cheers

Ray

Thanks for the info Ray. Definitely going to have to consider getting bilge pumps in the boat. Yes, when we realised it was filling up I put the bungs in backwards but it was too late by then and the boat was like a bath :P Haha they sure grow fast in NPD.

James

Archived