Morning at Mud

Bluevien

It's been a while since I've fished mud island and even longer since my last post so with my son done with his exams and the forecast just about perfect, I decided to kill both birds with the one cast.

A smooth trip across from Nudgee and we were fishing by 6am. My son was happy just to soak bait today so we tried 4 spots on the eastern side. Plenty of undersized squire and grassys started coming up but the quality didn't start until 9 at the last spot. The young fella boated his PB snap first followed by his second best and I finally picked up a take home model just before heading for home at 10.30.

An even smoother trip back to Nudgee and home by 11.30 made for a good morning. All keepers caught on mullet flesh. We both fished light with 8lb mainline and 6lb leader which made it fun and my son's PB around the reefs even more impressive.

Cheers,

Rob

post-4814-144599121975_thumb.jpg

Cheers for that. He's 14 and has developed into a really good, patient fisher. Now I just have to teach him how to fillet his own catch. :lol:

Nice one Rob, a good feed there and quality time spent with the young fella. How old is he? Looking forward to doing that with my sons once they are old enough.

Archived