Good One To Start With

Dinodadog

First bass was a good one yesterday while trolling down the dam, a nice 51cm, there is not usualy to many around during the summer months.Hard to work the bass out at the moment as one day its trolling thats the best and the next its jigging. Yesterday it was back to jigging with 40 landed and only 11 trolling.

Dino

002.JPG

003.JPG

004.JPG

005.JPG

006.JPG

007.JPG

I have never had a problem with bass, I dont muck about playing them for ages with light line, I try and get them up as soon as possible. Most fish come from 20 to 30 feet of water so the fight is pretty quick. When tagging I catch, remove hooks, measure, photo,tag and release all in a matter of seconds and have not had a floater yet. Golden perch are another matter specially the big ones, you have to be a lot quicker with them. I havnt found water temp a problem as bass live in some very hot shallow water in the creeks.

Dino

Thanks for the reply, i just remembered that day i had a couple in the live well for about an hour so i think that's why they struggled. I watched them on the sounder swim slowly to the bottom so i think they were all good. I never run light line on bass either 16-20pound at all times. You raise a good point about the creeks being so hot at times, must have been to do with the live well. 

Cheers, Glenn,

Archived