Had To Happen

Dinodadog

Schools of bass have finaly moved on out at NPD. We have had a good couple of months on the lures trolling jigging and casting and now they have thinned right out. Could still get a healthy score on shrimp with the few that remain but most would be under legal size. They may come back in a few days who knows. Had Beau with me yesterday, got him out of his house and a bit of fresh air into his lungs:rolleyes: We didnt quite make it to 20 bass but still better than sitting in front of the idiot box.Going to be hard going back to shrimp fishing after having most of my pots stolen, hope it is bringing the thief much bad luck.

Dino

001.JPG

002.JPG

22 hours ago, Cmaltby said:

There are still a few around maroon dam This was my biggest of the morning, 37cm. Fish were off the bite by 730 though. I'm still yet to catch a bass on anything other than soft plastics.

image.jpeg

37cm is a perfectly good fish for Maroon nice one. And catching them on plastics is nothing to sniff at. Good session.

Cheers for the report @Dinodadog... Do the bass not usually school up leading into winter not the other way around?

Cheers.

Angus

1 hour ago, Angus said:

37cm is a perfectly good fish for Maroon nice one. And catching them on plastics is nothing to sniff at. Good session.

Cheers for the report @Dinodadog... Do the bass not usually school up leading into winter not the other way around?

Cheers.

Angus

I've tried spinner baits, poppers, diving lures, jigs everything but it seems as soon as I put a plastic on I'm catching fish. I'd like to catch them on something else as plastics aren't as durable 

2 hours ago, Angus said:

Cheers.

Angus

Bass have been schooled up for years in most of the Dams Angus, the schools have not been breaking down at the start of summer since the big floods. No weed beds etc for them to patrol.

NPD has changed around a bit over the last 3 years. Before we would get into the schools in winter and would find it hard to catch fish in the summer. Now its turned around the winter bass are not comming into our area and the summer bass are, go figure. We know they chase the bonies in and out of our area.

Dino

Archived